Overview and Background
The Muslim Women’s Organization (MWO) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity organization consisting of women from throughout the Central Florida Muslim community working together to promote empowerment through community service, outreach, and personal development. We accomplish this by supporting existing community initiatives and providing leadership and training opportunities for women and their families to get involved and make a difference.
The MWO’s vision is a world where every Muslim woman has the opportunity to lead in the service of humanity. Our mission is to give Muslim women the opportunity to enrich their lives through community service, outreach and personal development. By empowering women today, we invest in a better tomorrow, for all.
The Executive Director position presents a unique opportunity for a strong, dynamic and visionary individual to take this organization to a new level as outlined by its board and staff in its strategic plan, and to advance the vision of this organization where every Muslim woman has the opportunity to lead in the service of humanity.
The ideal candidate will have the proven leadership, dedication, commitment and skills to grow and lead the MWO and expand its programs and infrastructure, all while representing the organization in the community. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors, manage all aspects of day-to-day operations, oversee a growing budget, supervise all staff, act as the chief spokesperson and ensure that the Muslim Women’s Organization is strategically-positioned for growth now and in the coming years. Please note this is a part- time position.
- Identify opportunities for MWO to participate in programs aligned with its mission and vision.
- Represent MWO at community programs and events.
- Navigate local and organizational politics to develop relationships, partnerships and coalitions.
- Develop strategies for capacity building and organizational growth.
Administrative, Staff and Volunteer Management:
- Support, train and manage staff within the organization.
- Execute staff performance reviews, meetings and administering of staff benefits, scheduling and payroll.
- Work with volunteers to develop leaders from within the MWO to carry significant portions of the work and planning for the organization.
- Develop the organization’s internal infrastructure to ensure MWO functions efficiently and effectively.
- Manage and analyze budgets.
- Plan and design leadership training programs.
Fundraising and Board Development:
- In collaboration with the board, build and maintain relationships with foundations and major donors as needed;
- Support the grant writing and fundraising of the organization;
- Collaborate with the fundraising committee to initiate and plan fundraising events throughout the year and grow a monthly donor program.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Strong commitment to and understanding of the challenges that Muslim women face in the community.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in community organizing including: base building, leadership development, volunteer management and event/action planning.
- Strong Fundraising and Grant Writing experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse organizations.
- Ability to work effectively with leaders in the Muslim community.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to attend programs and events on nights and weekends.
Additional Qualifications and desired skills:
- Written and oral fluency in English required.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and experience or the ability to learn Google Suite, and other applications.
- Significant successful experience in leadership, management, and Board development, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Independent and strong leader who can drive projects and programs to completion in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Sophia@mwo-orlando.org with “Executive Director” in the subject line. All resumes and cover letters must be submitted by 5pm on June 1st, 2018. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.